OnPoint is a private real estate investment and asset management firm that acquires, re-develops, and stabilizes properties in markets throughout the United States. Our focus is acquiring properties with a value add component ranging from re-positioning to full scale re-development. In stabilized properties we force appreciation by making capital improvements, enhancing management and reducing operational inefficiencies. In development projects, our expertise in local re-zoning procedures enables us to maximize the value of property. Our mission is to create communities that residents are proud to call home while generating strong returns for investors.
OnPoint Invests in Value-Add and Select Development Projects
- Property provides cashflow
- Built after 1980's
- Light renovations and updates required
- Fewer amenities
- Middle income rents
- Under-utilized property
- Re-zoning opportunity
- Located in strong growing market
- Multiple exit strategies
- Shorter-term investment
Access to exclusive off market properties through personal relationships and local partnerships
Secure optimal funding structure to meet specific investment and project criteria
Analysis & Due Diligence
Focus on downside protection with conservative in-house underwriting and stress testing
Efficient and timely execution with a focus on structuring deal terms to favor investors and retain upside potential
Strict vetting of operational partners with strategic risk mitigation through conservative cap-ex forecasting
Forced appreciation through capital improvements, reduction of op-ex inefficiencies and/or re-zoning for devleopment
Disposition & Refinancing
Maximize return through strategic exits considering market enviornment
If you have interest in learning more about investing in properties or projects with OnPoint Capital please get in touch with us below so that we can learn more about you and your investment goals. Please note that at this time we are only accepting investments from accredited investors.
OnPoint got its start in Boston as a development company focused on buying distressed and deteriorated housing stock within some of Boston’s most promising neighborhoods and transforming them into condos and rental properties. Since 2010, its Principals have collectively been involved with over $46 million worth of real estate development. We draw from our experience acquiring, managing and underwriting complex re-development projects and have expanded our focus to acquiring cash-flowing properties.
Garrett Hogan - Co-Founder and Principal
Garrett Hogan, is the Co-Founder and Principal of OnPoint Capital. Over the past 10 years, he has been actively involved in the real estate industry in a variety of capacities, predominantly working as a developer and builder. Garrett has successfully completed over $10MM of re-development, condo conversion and rehab projects in the Greater Boston area.
Prior to relocating to Boston, Garrett worked for one of the largest privately owned real estate development and management companies in the US. Garrett spearheaded two new construction planned unit developments and worked closely with the sales and construction teams to build and deliver the houses on time, on budget and to buyer’s spec. Additionally, he was tasked with leasing out an existing 443 unit apartment community, where he quickly learned the in and outs of property management, operations and reporting.
Garrett is a member of a few real estate Mastermind groups with other successful real estate investors throughout the country. He also frequently consults for other local real estate investors on construction, zoning and complex re-developments.
Garrett holds an Unrestricted Construction Supervisors License and Real Estate License in the State of MA, as well as a BA from Quinnipiac University.
Max taylor - Co-Founder and Principal
Max Taylor, Co-Founder and Principal, oversees all aspects of OnPoint Capital. Max has been investing in residential real estate since 2012. He specializes in acquiring and repositioning properties ranging from multi-family and condo conversions, to the re-zoning of raw land and underutilized properties for ground up development in Boston.
Prior to real estate investing and development, Max was an integral part of the sales team at Cambridge, MA based HubSpot as they experienced hyper growth and a successful IPO. He adapted the techniques used for pursuing and qualifying opportunities, to sourcing, qualifying and closing real estate development projects. Before moving back home to Boston, Max started his career in Chicago as a commercial real estate broker focused on warehouse space and completed over 370,000 square feet in lease transactions.
Max is an active member of Boston based angel investing group, Side Car Angels. Their investment focus is on seed stage companies ranging from emerging technologies to medical device companies.
Max holds a BA in Economics from the University of Vermont.
Joe Fairless - Advisor
Joe controls over $460M worth of real estate in Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth. A native Texan, Joe grew up in Fort Worth and graduated from Texas Tech University. He currently splits his time between Dallas-Fort Worth and Cincinnati. He has been investing in real estate since 2008 and, prior to that, was the youngest vice president at an award-winning advertising agency in NYC.
Joe is also the host of the world’s longest running daily real estate podcast, Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever, where he has interviewed guests such as Barbara Corcoran and Robert Kiyosaki.
- Feb 22, 2018 Are We at the Top of the Real Estate Market Cycle? 6 Things for Investors to Consider Feb 22, 2018
- Feb 28, 2018 Why are So Many Luxury Apartments Being Built? Will the Demand Keep Up? Feb 28, 2018
- Mar 7, 2018 Active vs. Passive Real Estate Investing, Which is Better? Mar 7, 2018
- Mar 16, 2018 Should I Get a Partner for My Real Estate Business? 5 Tips for Creating a Successful Partnership Mar 16, 2018
- Mar 23, 2018 America’s Rental Housing Supply Shortage – What does it mean for Multifamily investors? Mar 23, 2018
- Apr 3, 2018 Real Estate or the Stock Market? - 3 Things to Consider Apr 3, 2018
- Apr 11, 2018 How To Evaluate a Market for Real Estate Investing Apr 11, 2018
- May 9, 2018 5 Tips for Performing Due Diligence on a Small Scale Investment Property May 9, 2018
- May 16, 2018 Top 5 Podcasts all Real Estate Investors Should Listen To May 16, 2018
- May 24, 2018 Airbnb for Investors – Is it Better Than the Traditional Rental Model? May 24, 2018
- Aug 23, 2018 Cap Rates on the Rise Aug 23, 2018
- March 2019
- Apr 2, 2019 Solutions to Boston's Housing Shortage Apr 2, 2019
- Apr 11, 2019 Best State for Millennials to Live? You Guessed It - Massachusetts Apr 11, 2019
- Apr 16, 2019 Is Chelsea the New Eastie? Apr 16, 2019
- Apr 25, 2019 2019 Home Design Trends Apr 25, 2019
- Apr 30, 2019 Tension in Eastie - Can It Be Resolved? Apr 30, 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- Aug 1, 2019 Boston Luxury Condos: Rising Prices as Number of Sales Drops Aug 1, 2019
- Aug 6, 2019 Is Tom Brady Going to Retire? Aug 6, 2019
- Aug 15, 2019 FHA Plans to Back More Condo Loans - What Will the Effects Be? Aug 15, 2019